Dr. Vangelis Marinakis
Dr. Vangelis Marinakis was born in Athens, Greece, in 1969. He holds a B.Sc. degree in Mathematics (1992), a M.Sc. degree in Applied Mathematics (1996) and a Ph.D. degree in Mathematics (2001), from the University of Patras, Greece. Since 2015, he has been an Associate Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, at the TEI of Western Greece and he also teaches at the Greek Open University, as a member of the Associated Educational Personnel.
During his PhD thesis, he participated in two research projects (1996-98 and 2000-01), funded by the General Secretariat of Research and Technology of the Hellenic Ministry of Development. The Scientist in charge was his PhD thesis supervisor, Prof. T.C. Bountis. He then worked as a postdoc (Marie Curie) fellow (2002-04) and as a Research Associate (2004-05) at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge, UK, where he collaborated with. Prof. A.S. Fokas. Later on (2006-13), he worked as a Scientific Associate (at the level of Assistant Professor), at the TEI of Patras, teaching various courses in his area of expertise.
He has participated in several national and international conferences and he is the author or co-author of 18 articles in referred international journals and conferences, which have received more than 200 references.
His research interests are in the integrability and in the finding of special solutions of nonlinear Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations.
- E. Tzirtzilakis, M. Xenos, V. Marinakis, and T.C. Bountis, Interactions and Stability of Solitary Waves in Shallow Water. Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 2002, 14(1), 87-95.
- E. Tzirtzilakis, V. Marinakis, C. Apok, and T. Bountis, Soliton-like Solutions of Higher Order Wave Equations of the KdV Type. Journal of Mathematical Physics 2002, 43(12), 6151-6165.
- A.S. Fokas, Y. Kurylev, and V. Marinakis, The Unique Determination of Neuronal Currents in the Brain via Magnetoencephalography. Inverse Problems 2004, 20(4), 1067-1082.
- A.S. Fokas, A. Iserles, and V. Marinakis, Reconstruction Algorithm for Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography and its Numerical Implementation. Journal of the Royal Society Interface 2006, 3(6), 45-54.
- V. Marinakis, The Exp-Function Method and n-Soliton Solutions. Journal for Nature Research A – A Journal of Physical Sciences 2008, 63a, 653-656.
- V. Marinakis, Integrable Third Order Equations of the KdV Type. Journal of Mathematical Sciences: Advances and Applications 2010, 5(2), 317-332.